Virtual Think Tank members:
- Receive a complimentary Full Year Study Series subscription
- Meet in an online and on-camera web conference
- Connect in a Voxer group between sessions to keep problem solving and sharing
- Collaborate with colleagues from around the world
- Develop rigorous, standards aligned, practices to raise teacher practice and student achievement
- Receive a Digital Badge and Certificate of Completion
Christopher Lehman is the Founding Director of The Educator Collaborative. He is an international speaker, consultant, and New York Times best-selling author. He holds degrees from UW-Madison, NYU and Teachers College, Columbia University. Chris has been a middle-school teacher; a high-school teacher; a literacy coach; and a Senior Staff Developer with the Teachers College Reading and Writing Project at Columbia University. Now with The Educator Collaborative, he is working to innovate the ways educators learn in-person and online, providing opportunities for teachers, coaches, and administrators to share their expertise so students can hold their brightest futures.
Kate Roberts is the co-author of DIY Literacy (with Maggie B. Roberts) and of Falling in Love with Close Reading (with Christopher Lehman). Each is informed by her experiences as a middle school language arts teacher in Brooklyn, as a literacy coach, and as a staff developer with the Teachers College Reading and Writing Project. Her work with students across the country has led her to believe that all kids can be insightful, academic thinkers when the work is demystified, broken down, and made engaging. To this end, she has worked nationally and internationally to help teachers, schools, and districts develop and implement strong teaching practices and curriculum. Kate is the author of two produced plays, one undiscovered young adult novel, and coauthor of the blog Indent (kateandmaggie.com).
Dates and Times:
- 5 sessions online (required)
- Optional 12 sessions online or on-demand (Study Series, included with registration)
This cohort meets:
- Tuesdays, 1:00-2:00PM EST
- *Dates: 10/25, 12/13, 1/17, 2/28, 3/7
*Dates are subject to change, any changes due to illness of leaders or other cancellation will be discussed with cohort members to attempt to find a favorable reschedule. Please review the Virtual Think Tank Terms and Conditions.